WMBUA MISSION STATEMENT: The mission of the Western Maine Baseball Umpires Association is to develop high standards in our National Pastime through character and citizenship and encourage good, clean competition. To promote the welfare of the game of baseball, its players, and umpires. To provide the highest standard of baseball umpiring. And to study the administration and revision of the rules, particularly from the viewpoint of the umpire.
© 2022 Western Maine Baseball Umpires Association
For more information please contact Rick Meinking at firstname.lastname@example.org
NEWS & NOTES
The New Member Clinics, Mechanics Clinic, Rules Clinics, Exams and Business Meetings are held remotely until further notice
Make sure that you un-block any dates for which you are now available. This time of year it is important that all umpires who can work games let the assignors know.
Even with 100 active members in WMBUA, we're stretched pretty thin on some days. Make sure the Assignors know you're available if you can work any given day.
2022 Member Exam
All returning members must complete the NFHS Baseball Part II Exam. The exam will be available from March 27th through April 10th
For access to the exam
Are you interested in becoming a member of the Western Maine Baseball Umpire's Associations?
New member rules training will be held at the Scarborough American Legion Post #76, 40 Mason Libby Road, Scarborough. The schedule is as follows:
• February 20, 2022 – 10:00am to Noon – Membership Intro & Rules 1 & 2
• February 27, 2022 – 1000am to Noon – Rules 3, 4 & 5
• March 6, 2022 – 10:00am to Noon – Rules 6, 7 & 8
• March 13, 2022 – 10:00am to Noon – Rules 9 &10 & Review for Test – Uniform order Due
• March 20, 2022 – 1:00pm to 3:30pm – New Members Written Test & Arbiter training
To reserve a seat please complete the and send the New Member applications
along with the new member fee of $80.00. The new member fee includes your first year membership dues (including insurance) and NFHS written examination.
Active members may attend virtually through the following Zoom Meeting Links:
• February 20, 2022 – 10:00am to Noon
• February 27, 2022 – 1000am to Noon
• March 6, 2022 – 10:00am to Noon
• March 13, 2022 – 10:00am to Noon
WMBUA 2022 Season Clinics
ALL members must attend one.
• April 24, 2022 – 6:00pm to 7:00pm at Deering Oaks, Portland
• May 1, 2022 – 6:00pm to 7:00pm at Ballpark - OOB
• May 22, 2021 – 6:00pm to 7:00pm at St. Joseph's College, Standish
Mandatory Rule's and Mechanic's Clinic
MARCH 20, 2022
Gorham Middle School
4:00 PM - 5:15 PM Mechanic's Clinic
5:30 PM - 6:30PM
ANNUAL BUSINESS MEETING& ELECTIONS
March 20, 2022
6:30 PM - 7:30 PM
Double click here to edit this text.
Anyone wishing to order equipment must send in their order form by March 20, 2022. The order will go in on March 22nd in order to be received for the start of the season.
The order for is available in two formats: